[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael A. Alderete" <lists dash 2003 at alderete dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Confirmed: m0n0wall works with Soekris net4501 + lan1621
 Date:  Mon, 31 Jan 2005 22:28:46 -0800
>Will m0n0wall work, and recognize the extra Ethernet interfaces, of a
>Soekris net4501 with a Soekris lan1621 added to it?
>
>I.e., will I have five interfaces to play with, instead of the basic three
>provided by the net4501? And presumably the net4801 is the same answer?

I wanted to follow up on my question and others' input, and confirm for
sure that m0n0wall works great with the Soekris net4801 + lan1621 card,
providing you with a whopping *five* Ethernet interfaces to play with.

As we all expected, m0n0wall gracefully expands the number of interfaces
based on what it finds at boot time. You can see how nicely Manuel designed
this in a partial screenshot here:

<http://aldoblog.com/images/m0n0wall-ui-5-interfaces.gif>

Thanks for the help on this one!

Michael

Michael A. Alderete           <mailto:lists dash 2003 at alderete dot com>
                                     <http://www.alderete.com>