[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Hardy <david at millfarm dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Downloading the firmware from the m0n0wall
 Date:  Tue, 01 Feb 2005 13:17:00 +0000
Hi guys,

I've finally managed to get m0n0wall running on an old Strongbox
firewall using a pc104 motherboard. Its been tough, but I've managed to
get it running using the generic PC image and by tracking down network
cards with the same chipsets I have been able to configure the hard disk
with the right settings and get as far as the web console. Not bad
considering I haven't got any cables for this thing and it doesn't have
a keyboard, serial, vga or any other port for me to touch it or look at
from.

Now, we have another 2 of these Strongboxes and I would like to be able
to send my colleague an image of what I've got working as a file, to
transfer to the disks that he has at his end. I presume that this can
also be jiggled to prevent settings being lost completely - using the
reset mechanism - if I copy the config.xml into the right place before I
image it.

Is it as simple as using the rest of the hard disk to create a space to
store the image in and then downloading it from there? If so, is there a
how-to already?

TIA for your advice,

David Hardy