[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  "reinhard dot lochner at hvbpensionsfonds dot de" <reinhard dot lochner at hvbpensionsfonds dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] how to use m0n0wall and no-ip.com
 Date:  Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:39:50 -0500
On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 14:35:05 +0100,
reinhard dot lochner at hvbpensionsfonds dot de
<reinhard dot lochner at hvbpensionsfonds dot de> wrote:
> hai again,
>
> i've found some articles about it and found out that m0n0wall is using "ez-ipupdate".
> but "ez-ipupdate.com" looks like a dead software (last modified on march 11th 2002, version
3.0.11b7).
> (dead links on the page, domains without an ip ...)
>
> could it be a good idea to include an other ip-updater program?

Last modified a while ago, but it's still fine (the version in
m0n0wall is newer than that).  It's the only dyndns software I've seen
that's very light weight.  Written in C, rather than Perl or similar
that all others I've seen are written in.

If you can find an alternative that's very light weight and doesn't
require Perl, or anything else very large and has support for more
services than ez-ipupdate, I'm sure Manuel would be open to change.

-Chris