[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] how to use m0n0wall and no-ip.com
 Date:  Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:52:10 -0500
On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 09:34:34 -0600, Jeb Campbell <jebc at c4solutions dot net> wrote:
> MAALVAREZ at telefonica dot net wrote:
> > Hi,
> > as far as I know m0n0wall does not support no-ip(at least in the beta).
> > The client being used by m0n0wall is ez-ipupdate. I am currently trying
> > to use a different program ddclient instead which maybe can use no-
> > ip.com and even works behind a nat router but I have still problems
> > with it.
>
> ddclient -- Wow, are putting perl on the image?

Yeah I don't think most people realize how many require Perl, at least
at first.  It's come up in the past during similar discussions.  "But
[insert fav dyndns app here] is only 200KB!"  200 KB plus Perl.  :)

There are docs on using ddclient from a machine behind m0n0wall.
http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/thirdparty-ddclient.html

-Chris