[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sunil arora <arora dot sunil at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  want to run m0n0wall for accounting WI-Fi network
 Date:  Wed, 2 Feb 2005 21:51:35 +0530
Hi folks,

I need some advise on this.. I want to place a m0n0wall box for a
Hotel network.
Hotel already has some misconfigured network.. I want to reorganise it
and place m0nowall box it.

Hotel already has ( internet + router + wiredlan + wirelesslan +
hotel-office network).

I am thinking of planning network as shown below.

My requirement is ::: WiredLAN and Wi-Fi network would be on 192.168.1.0/24
network for guests in the hotel and we need some way of authentication
and accouting in place for them.

So i think m0n0wall's captive portal with radius server  will solve the purpose

WiredLan and Wi-Fi network will have central DHCP server. and Hotel
Office network
will not need any authentication and accouting ..but will be
firewalled from the guest network.

ONE QUERY:   I need m0n0wall to just act as Captive portal + Router
But without NAT... Can we disable NAT feature on m0n0wall....

                                    Internet

                                      router

radius-server (192.168.1.xx)
  192.168.3.0/24                |                 |
   Hotel Office_______m0n0wall_______|_____________192.168.1.0 Wired LAN
       Network                                         |

                                                        Wi-FI Network

.... Did anybody use Captive portal feature with radius server ...can
somebody describe it..??? what kinda of billing scenarios are
possible..
how much modification is needed....

thanks in advance..

-sunil