[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anders_Nordstr=F6m?= <and at telia dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Collisions on full-duplex LAN interface
 Date:  Wed, 2 Feb 2005 12:06:07 -0500
> I'm worried about the collisions on my LAN interface, since it's full duplex
> and connected to a gigabit switch. I've read somewhere that there could be
> problems with the Realtek 8029 chipset, which this NIC has. Could that be
> it?

The reason is because it's not full duplex.  According to the ed(4)
man page, the full duplex mediaopt isn't available on that driver.
Most every ed-based card I've seen has a coax port in addition to
RJ45, and coax can't do full duplex, so my educated guess would be the
chipset doesn't support full duplex at all (the driver doesn't, at a
minimum).

-Chris