[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe Nardone <jnardone at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] how to use m0n0wall and no-ip.com
 Date:  Wed, 2 Feb 2005 13:09:21 -0500
> Yeah I don't think most people realize how many require Perl, at least
> at first.  It's come up in the past during similar discussions.  "But
> [insert fav dyndns app here] is only 200KB!"  200 KB plus Perl.  :)
>
> There are docs on using ddclient from a machine behind m0n0wall.
> http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/thirdparty-ddclient.html
>
> -Chris

Though, it is interesting to note that no-ip's Linux/UNIX client is
actually in C:

http://www.no-ip.com/downloads.php?page=linux

The key piece is int dynamic_update() in noip2.c; it does a pretty
simple HTTP request.  Of course, as with all things the devil is in
the details, so I'm not claiming this is any easier because it's C
code.  The binary footprint is only 100K... (and no perl!)

Joe