[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jordan T." <jordan at blue dash ferret dot com dot au>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Firewall is not working
 Date:  Thu, 03 Feb 2005 12:20:35 +0800
Hello list,

I have tried to search for this problem on the lists & documentation
bpages ut cannot find anything relating to it.

I'm using m0n0wall on a Motium NPA-100
(http://www.motium.com/products/npa/index.html) which is an mini PC made
for the PoS/kiosk/network application market, they call it embedded but
it uses entirely x86 PC hardware.

My problem is I cannot get firewalling to work, I've setup two rules on
the LAN interface to block all ICMP and TCP from a certain host, but
neither seem to be working, I can ping the device from any host on the
LAN and connect to the web server from the host that is meant to be
firewalled (10.0.2.5).

I have attached my config.xml, screenshots of the firewall page, and
exec.php executing "ipfstat -hnio" are available from
http://www.omgwtfbbq.com.au/firewall_rules.jpg and
http://www.omgwtfbbq.com.au/exec-ipfstat-hnio.jpg
(I couldn't attach them because theres a 30k message size limit)

I have played with the order of the rules and rebooted the device
several times but it doesn't make any diference.

Thanks in advance for any help given,

Jordan.
config.xml (3.5 KB, text/xml)