[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chuck Mariotti" <cmariotti at hr dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  How to set low priority for outbound SMTP?
 Date:  Wed, 2 Feb 2005 23:33:07 -0500
I have a DSL connection that is strictly for mailing our membership database. It's a huge DB and can
take 12 hours to mail everyone a simple notice.

But when it is being sent out, the DSL takes a huge hit and everything suffers... web browsing, PPTP
sessions, etc...

How do I set a rule that would make SMTP Outbound the lowest priority over everything else? In other
words, I don't mind if it takes an additional 2 hours to send the messages... so long as everything
else runs without being affected.

Regards,

Chuck