[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  <Kamil dot Wencel at hvbpensionsfonds dot de>
 Cc:  <reinhard dot lochner at hvbpensionsfonds dot de>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  AW: [m0n0wall] how to use m0n0wall and no-ip.com
 Date:  Thu, 3 Feb 2005 11:05:46 +0100
well, reinhard and I talked about the issue and manuels attitude towards :
" I don't want to have several dyndns apps on m0n0"

I can fully understand this, since I was making an inquirey like that
some time ago. Perl is no option as well. But what about php ?

m0n0wall comes already equipped with php so why not transform
the ez-ipupdate thingy to php ?

I don't like the hosts of my net to do all the update stuff,
because if we all do that, we pin the dyndns providers down,
since each and every one of us will be updating every 5 minutes.

m0n0 would KNOW when it would get a new IP therefor it doesn't need
to guess. Besides, it is not very reliable as well.