[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brian Mills" <brianmills at fletcherssolicitors dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Three offices and three Private Circuits!
 Date:  Thu, 3 Feb 2005 14:06:07 -0000
We have three offices LS HH and WH. We already have an office LAN extension
from LS to HH. We have just commissioned new circiuts from HH to WH and WH
to LS. I have just bought 3 Soekris 4801's with the extra net ports so each
m0n0wall has 5 network ports.

LS currently has 89.0.4.0/24 and HH has 90.0.4.0/24 and we are planning to
use 91.0.40./24 for the WH office

What I need to configure is the m0n0walls to route between each office and
have redundancy so that if a link goes down, m0n0wall will reroute the data
"the long way round" so that one LAN extension failing will not disrupt the
network. It would also be nice to distribute the data between the
connections to increase bandwidth. I am familiar with m0n0wall as we
currently use it to firewall our WAN internet and to route between LS and HH
and uses traffic shaping to ensure VOIP calls between LS and HH work
smoothly. Do I need to set up VLANS or what?? Any help appreciated as I
cannot get my head round this!

Millsey

For all your legal advice see http://www.fletcherssolicitors.co.uk

Legal Notice:

If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you should disregard the content and delete
this message. Please notify our Systems Department at systems at fletcherssolicitors dot co dot uk
The opinions expressed in this transmission are those of the sender and do not necessarily reflect
those of the practice.
Fletchers Solicitors confirm that the message and any attachments have been scanned for viruses,
however Fletchers Solicitors cannot be held responsible for any damage or data loss caused by this
transmission.