[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Atle Lagestrand <atle at lagestrand dot no>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Private VPN server
 Date:  Thu, 03 Feb 2005 22:49:51 +0100
Hi list,

I'm having big problem to connect to my VPN server (using PPTP) from
outside my home network.
Trying to connect to it (from XP) using my DynDNS hostname results in no
answer. However it works fine from a secondary network inside on the LAN.

I have followed the User Guide from m0n0.ch, but with no luck....
Read all about this in the archive, but can't find anything that help...
Played different NAT services, but can't figure out anything as this
dosen't help much.

WAN connects to my ISP using PPPoE
LAN is on 192.168.x.x/255.255.0.0
DHCP gives addresses 192.168.1.x to known clients, and 192.168.2.x to guests

I'm probably missing something here, but what? Can anyone of you
m0n0wallers please help me, or have any idea....?

Regards,
Atle