[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Gary Sumner" <garysu at exchange dot microsoft dot com>
 To:  <andyiowalist at mchsi dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Can't seem to block bittorrent and other P2P traffic
 Date:  Thu, 3 Feb 2005 15:06:05 -0800
BT uses more ports that just those you listed...it depends on the
configuration of the client....for instance, my client at home uses a
port in the 17,000 range.

The best thing to do is to configure the BT client to limit upload
speed...for instance, to say 20kbps. That will allow a decent upload
while at the same time not hampering the download speed for the rest of
the house.

Or of course, you could look up you roommates client config and then
totally block that port if you wanted to get back at them :-)

Gary.