[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  known issues with 1.2b3
 Date:  Fri, 04 Feb 2005 03:36:36 -0500
Hello,

I've been working a lot with m0n0wall lately, and
since I've run both 1.11 and 1.2b3, and I read this
list, I have come up with a minimal list of things
that are broken in 1.2b3. This list is not meant to
be all-inclusive. It is merely my observations.
However, I hope we can get together a list of
outstanding 1.2b3 issues to fix before 1.2 final
based on this list or something similar. In no
particular order:

1.) bridging
        This seems totally broken in 1.2b3. I've
        been testing all night on a soekris 4801
        and I can't get any form of bridging working
        in 1.2b3. I can downgrade my firmware to
        1.11, get a working config, then upgrade to
        1.2b3 and it's instantly broken.

2.) lockups on WRAP hardware
        for some reason 1.2b3 causes lockups on WRAP
        hardware. I didn't see any resolutions to this
        in the archive, so I'm guessing this is an
        ongoing problem.

3.) TCP/IP connection drops
        My SSH connections die after about 2 hours
        under 1.2b3. I don't think this used to happen
        under 1.11. Someone else confirmed that this
        happens to them too. The connection isn't
        denied. It seems like it times out.

4.) Captive Portal flakiness
        Captive Portal fails to honor MAC pass-through
        sometimes under 1.2b3. This is strange as it
        seems intermittent, but I've had it happen at
        least twice. Also, I've seen a lot of other
        posts regarding Captive Portal lately. Are
        there any other confirmed issues in 1.2b3?

Does anyone have any comments on the above?
Can anyone think of any additions to this list?

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,