[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alexandre" <alex at vbone dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  traffic shaping + brigde
 Date:  Fri, 4 Feb 2005 12:30:08 +0100 (CET)
Hi,

This was previously posted on this list, unanswered. Traffic shaping does
not work with bridges. I tried with 1.11 and 1.2b3

fxp0 is the WAN interface which is bridged with OPT1. Shaping is applied
on the WAN interface, for outbound traffic. This is the result of ipfw
show:

50002     0       0 queue 3 tcp from any 23 to any out via fxp0
50003     0       0 queue 3 icmp from any to any out via fxp0
50004    87   75584 queue 4 ip from any to any out via fxp0

As you can see, packets are matched by the "any" rule, but not by my other
rules which are supposed to match telnet and icmp !

Any idea ? Maybe this is a bug in Freebsd 4.1 rather than monowall ?

According to the freebsd handbook, traffic shaping with bridges requires
the DUMMYNET option in the kernel. I couldnt find this option in the
monowall config but I see the message "DUMMYNET initialized" in dmesg.

Regards,
Alexandre