[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  jesse at wingnet dot net
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] known issues with 1.2b3
 Date:  Fri, 4 Feb 2005 10:38:14 -0500
On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 03:36:36 -0500, Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net> wrote:

> 1.) bridging
>         This seems totally broken in 1.2b3. I've
>         been testing all night on a soekris 4801
>         and I can't get any form of bridging working
>         in 1.2b3. I can downgrade my firmware to
>         1.11, get a working config, then upgrade to
>         1.2b3 and it's instantly broken.

I should be able to confirm or deny this later today.  We put in a
4501 with b2 last night in bridging in front of the colo servers that
host pfSense, LiveBSD, BSD Installer, my personal site, email for all
those domains and others, and a bunch of other stuff.  We're moving it
to a 4801 with b3 later today because the 4501 is slow in the webgui
when pushing thousands of simultaneous connections and 7-10 Mb.
(about 10 seconds to move a rule, as one example)  Works fine, just
painful to use the webgui so we're throwing in a bit more horsepower.

I'm glad I saw this though, we're taking a b2 CF card as well as b3
just in case.  :)

I'll report back later, and I'm also going to document this excursion
in moderately high load bridging.

-Chris