[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jordan T." <jordan at blue dash ferret dot com dot au>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: known issues with 1.2b3
 Date:  Sat, 05 Feb 2005 00:41:20 +0800
On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 00:21, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> Jordan T. wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 16:36, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> >> Does anyone have any comments on the above?
> >> Can anyone think of any additions to this list?
> >>

> > Heres something I just noticed, a clean install of 1.2b3, hardly any
> > configuration changes just hostname & lan IP. When i click on the
> > "System" link under "Status" (/index.php) it gives me a page that looks
> > like this http://www.omgwtfbbq.com.au/status1.jpg, however if i click on
> > my web browsers refresh button I get a page that looks like this
> > http://www.omgwtfbbq.com.au/status2.jpg.
> >
> > The CPU usage stays at around 35% each time i hit refresh, even after
> > leaving the device alone for minutes at a time. The moment i _click_ on
> > Status again, it goes back around 2%. I've tested this over and over and
> > it seems my browsers refresh button makes cpu jump to almost half.
> >
> > I'm using Konqueror 3.2.0 from KDE 3.2 on Mandrake Linux 10.0
> >
> > can anyone else confirm this happens in their browser?
>
> Personally, I've seen just the opposite. Lots of CPU utilization
> on the first click, and very little on subsequent clicks.
>
> Where is this CPU utilization info being pulled from? Can someone
> describe the algorithm?

I'm saying theres a difference between clicking on the hyperlink for
/index.php (Status), and clicking the refresh button on your web
browser, but I have noticed that when the device first starts up it has
mid to high CPU and memory usage, im guessing this is because its
setting everything up.

I have also tried the hyperlink/refresh in mozilla firefox 1.0 and the
same thing happens as with Konqueror - low cpu on a hyperlink, high on a
refresh.

Jordan