[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kerem Erciyes <k underscore erciyes at zegnaermenegildo dot it>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re[2]: [m0n0wall] pptp, stability and ipsec problems
 Date:  Sat, 5 Feb 2005 17:21:07 +0200
Hi Chris,

CB> On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 15:27:06 +0200, Kerem Erciyes
CB> <k underscore erciyes at zegnaermenegildo dot it> wrote:
>>
>> 1. Sometimes PPTP Clients disconnect abruptly

CB> Any log messages?

No logs seem fine. Only says client disconnected, but I think this was
related to the HW prolem on the ethernet interface. Problem is Windows
XP doesn't understand the PPTP tunnel is broken.

>> 2. Cannot setup the IPSec Tunnel although identical configurations
>> tested and retested 15 times

CB> If the configurations are identical, I bet the subnets on both LAN's
CB> are the same.  That won't work.  Otherwise we'll need logs on what
CB> racoon is showing.

Will send it as soon as I am able to check it out with new HW.

>> 3. One m0n0wall continously says vr0: rx packets lost

CB> Sounds like a hardware or cabling problem.

True. I changed the faulty adapter on the WAN port. Cables are CAT6
and very solid cables. Although vr0 is the onboard LAN interface, the
problem curiosly stopped after I changed the faulty WAN interface.

>> 4. Have to restart both sometimes 2 times a day sometimes once a week
>>

CB> Why?  No response at console at all?  Solid freeze, internet stops
CB> working, or?

CB> -Chris

Cannot reach the Web Console, the local console is also frozen.
Internet fortunately is not depended solely on m0n0wall, or I would
get phone calls ever 2 hours.
:)