[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] IPsec Tunnel and L2TP Clients
 Date:  Sat, 5 Feb 2005 15:21:21 -0500
Josh M. Hurd wrote:
> I have an IPSec tunnel to a remote network.  Works great!
>
> I also have an internal L2TP server running on OS X which I want
> NATed in.
>
> I can't seem to get them both to work together as they are both
> trying to use port 500.
> I tried using an optional interface for the L2TP server but that
> didn't seem to work.  I gave the interface an external IP (bridged
> with 'none') and plugged it into my T1 gateway.  No luck.
> I have never been able to get PPTP to work properly on OS X (and I'm
> not the only one) so I've given up on that.
> Any suggestions?

Assuming you have multiple public IPs (NEVER heard of a T1 with a
single IP ;-) Use Server NAT to assign a second public IP to the WAN
interface. Then you can use Inbound NAT with this second IP to NAT
traffic to OS X box on the appropriate ports. Don't forget to
auto-create the firewall rules.

James W. McKeand