[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vincent Fleuranceau <vincent at bikost dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Private site to site IPSEC VPN
 Date:  Sun, 06 Feb 2005 11:41:28 +0100
> I  hoped I was missing a configuration setting. Would OPENVPN have the
> features to accomplish a point to point link? I know that Sonicwall has
> some hardware that is advertised to have a configurable default route
> for Internet traffic. I was hoping to use Monowall, it is a great tool
> and the price is right!

You're right, there's an option in OpenVPN to "collect" all the outgoing
traffic and route it through the OpenVPN tunnel's interface.

 From Peter Curran's documentation:

"Redirect-gateway

This replaces the clients current default route with a setting that
sends all traffic up the tunnel (i.e. the tunnel becomes the default
path for all traffic not going to the users locally connected network.
In practice, for a wireless network, this is all remote traffic). This
controls split-routing and it should be enabled."

Source: http://www.closeconsultants.com/~peter/m0n0-ovpn-wifi.html

You may try to search the mailing archives for Peter's recent posts on
that topic. If I remember, there was a discussion about this
configuration...

Cheers,

-- Vincent