[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Hopper <dhop at nwlink dot com>
 To:  Max Khitrov <mkhitrov at umd dot edu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PowerEdge SC420 with m0n0wall?
 Date:  Sun, 6 Feb 2005 10:36:00 -0800
You don't actually need to recompile the kernel for SATA.  You need
only add the /dev/ad4* nodes to the root filesystem.

You can do this by editing FreeBSD 4.10's MAKEDEV to include the ad4
nodes, copy it to the rootfs /dev directory, then sh ./MAKEDEV ad4.
SATA then works fine.  At least for this Intel 865 chipset, it does.

--Dave