[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Re: traffic shaping + brigde
 Date:  Sun, 06 Feb 2005 22:25:01 -0500
Alexandre wrote:

> Jesse Guardiani wrote:
>
>> I did extensive testing of this last night. Traffic Shaping does indeed
>> work on 1.11 over a bridge. But you have to check the box in
>>     Advanced -> Enable Filtering Bridge
>>
>> I was able to throttle my 1.5M DSL bandwidth down to 20k using the
>> traffic shaper over this bridge.
>>
>> However, I couldn't get bridging to work at all under 1.2b3. YMMV.
>>

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your tests. I have also the box "enable filtering bridge"
> checked.
>
> As I understand, you have tested inbound shaping, which also works for me.
>
> But I cannot get shaping to work for outbound packets.

I finally figured out how to get bridging working properly in 1.11 AND
1.2b3 for me. See this thread for more info:
    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.security.firewalls.m0n0wall/13435

Now that I have bridging working in 1.2b3 and 1.11, you seem to be correct.
I can't get outbound shaping to work in bridge mode on 1.2b3 or 1.11 either.

It works without bridging on though...

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,