[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  <mono at centrum dot sk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Static routing on Monowall on collaboration with StarOS.
 Date:  Mon, 07 Feb 2005 09:39:37 +0100
Hi.
I want have a few roted hops realized by StarOS with end on Monowall as traffic shaper with NAT.
Routing between StarOS boxs and Mono box work well. But I'm unable get internet connection from
network on staros boxs. From anywhere i'm able ping Monowall LAN. But internet behind Monowalls WAN
is unreachable. But on other side, translation DNS work.
What i have to set up on mono.
here is desription -

WRAP1 is wireless associated with WRAP2 throught wpci2 in both of them..
WRAP1 is connected to MONOWALL  throught ether1 in both of them using a cross-over cable.

MONOWALL WAN: public IP

Default NAT is working.

MONOWALL  LAN : 192.168.1.1

WRAP1: ether1 = 192.168.1.2
wpci2 = 192.168.5.1/24

WRAP2: wpci1 = 192.168.5.2/24
wpci2= 192.168.6.1/24

Static routes on MONOWALL are:
192.168.5.0/24  192.168.1.2/24
192.168.6.0/24  192.168.1.2/24

Static an default routes on STAROS are:

WRAP1: 0.0.0.0/0 192.168.1.1/24 ether1
192.168.6.0/24  -  192.168.5.2/24

WRAP2: 0.0.0.0/0  -  192.168.5.1/24wpci2

If i connected  as client to wrap2 on wpci2, i will be able ping all interfaces include LAN of
Monowall. If I have as GW WPCI2 on wrap2 and IP dns is IP LAN of mono and i try ping forexample ping
www.yahoo.com i get translation to IP address but any packet response and any web page is displayed.

What can i set up on monowall more?

Thanx.
 Bob.