[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Thomas <thomas at kenshi dot dk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  WAN's, LAN's and me being below average IQ
 Date:  Mon, 07 Feb 2005 21:44:23 +0100
Hey m0n0wall people,

I've just downloaded m0n0wall and started messing around with it. Very
easy to use, very easy to install, very easy to setup. All in all a
top-notch piece of software. Thank you for making it available. :o)

But all is not well in my world. I'm having some problems getting my
network working exactly how I want it to. I hope some of you experienced
users can help me out.

I currently have 2 public IP addresses: 195.215.1.10 and 195.215.1.11

Both addresses are placed on the same "cable" from my host.

Each public IP address has 2 servers connected to it:

195.215.1.10 port 80 --> 192.168.1.1
195.215.1.10 port 25 --> 192.168.1.2
195.215.1.10 port 110 --> 192.168.1.2

195.215.1.11 port 80 --> 192.168.1.3
195.215.1.11 port 25 --> 192.168.1.4
195.215.1.11 port 110 --> 192.168.1.4

Today I have a router placed on each public IP address. The two routers
WAN interface is connected to a switch where my hosts "cable" is also
connected.

What I would like to do is dump the two routers, and instead use a
m0n0wall box for my routing needs. As far as I can understand from the
docs, this shouldn't be a problem for m0n0wall, but no matter what I
try, it just wont work for me.

I've read the documentation again and again, I've tried setting it up
numerous times, but to no avail. I can only get it to work for the
public IP address placed in the WAN area of the web interface for m0n0wall.

Perhaps someone could help me out? I've already burned way too many of
my (few?) remaining braincells trying to figure this out.

Thank you,
Thomas

ps. please excuse my english. It is not my native tongue.. :o)