[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  "D. Ubevidste" <detubevidste at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DHCP Relay across an IPSEC VPN
 Date:  Mon, 7 Feb 2005 16:25:13 -0500
On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 19:06:00 -0500, D. Ubevidste <detubevidste at gmail dot com> wrote:

>  - Has anyone done it? Would share your method with me?
>  -  Alternatively, if it's impossible, (would you shoot me down now?
>  - If neither, i'm a bit baffled why the ping returns would use the
> correct route, but the m0n0wall-initiated pings would choose a
> different (i.e., default) route.

haven't tried it, and I don't know that it would be impossible, but
here's at least part of the solution.  The reason m0n0wall-initiated
traffic doesn't go over VPN is described here, along with a work
around.  http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/faq-snmpovervpn.html

Might be the last piece you need to get this working.

-Chris