[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Boris Rudoy" <boris at rudoy dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  VoIP use DMZ or not?
 Date:  Tue, 8 Feb 2005 16:05:33 -0500
Sorry  if this is a newcomer question :-)
I am adding VoIP to my network. Actually provider recommend  to install it
before the router, but I don't thing it is good idea. Now It  work good as
standard network device with local IP, so I have an option keep it
connected  to swicth with local ip  or add one more network card in
m0n0wall, configure DMZ and setip "gizmo" in DMZ mode.
What way is better? I think I will want to setup traffic sharper for
dedicate pipe for VoIP.  So will I have any advantage within DMZ
configuration?

Boris