[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0n0wall v1.2b3 in Bridge Mode
 Date:  Tue, 8 Feb 2005 17:15:51 -0500
On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 08:44:26 -0800, Brian Watters
<brwatters at abs dash internet dot com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> In following the directions 100% @
> http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/examples-filtered-bridge.html our bridge will
> FLAT out not work, I wonder if there is any known issues with Bridging in
> v1.2b3? .. The above doc is very straight forward and should work but ..
> Could the online doc be missing any steps? .. Feedback please ...

I'm not sure why everybody keeps claiming bridging is broken in b3.  I
have one in production which is what that write up is based on, and
just set up another from scratch on a test network, following that
step by step, to see if I could replicate any problems.  I couldn't,
it worked right off.

The production one is a hard worker too, and it's been flawless.
graph: http://chrisbuechler.com/b3-4801-bridge/4801-servers.html

What exactly isn't working right?  You seeing anything in your
firewall logs indicating what's going on, if the traffic is getting
dropped possibly?

Remember this, so you can't get from LAN to the bridged OPT interface.
http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/faq-bridge.html

-Chris