[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] known issues with 1.2b3
 Date:  Wed, 9 Feb 2005 05:12:41 +0100
Hallo Fred,

Fred Wright schrieb am 06. February 2005:

>> 2.) lockups on WRAP hardware
>>         for some reason 1.2b3 causes lockups on WRAP
>>         hardware. I didn't see any resolutions to this
>>         in the archive, so I'm guessing this is an
>>         ongoing problem.

>I wonder if there's something in the WRAP that gets into a state that
>requires more than 1ms of processing per tick, thus getting in trouble
>with HZ=1000.

I had one total lockup of my Soekris net4801 too. This was after about
7 days uptime, now I do a reboot every 2 days or so while I'm
rebooting the windows machine. Never happened since. Occasional
"Microuptime went backwards" messages on the serial-console.

Everything works very nice.

>>>and the connection breaks. Try turning on keep-alive in your SSH
>>>client.

>Though making a major increase in the allowed number of state entries
>*and* a major decrease in the timeout seems like belt-and-suspenders.

Well, one could increase the timeout again. I personally prefer the
way it's implemented now.

Kind regards Frederick