[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Thomas <thomas at kenshi dot dk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Slow SSH login
 Date:  Wed, 09 Feb 2005 16:45:17 +0100
I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with DNS, since I get to "Login
as:" instantly. It is only after having typed my password everything
crawls, and it only crawls when using m0n0wall. Reverting to Linksys
(crap!) it runs smooth.

If it had something to do with DNS, wouldn't it be slow from the very
beginning? Or am I missing something? Is Putty actual login not
happening until it has both username and password? If so, then it could
very well be a DNS issue.

Would it help if i opened up a port for DNS, and would that be something
I would do in Outbound?

Thank you for the help.. :o)
Thomas