[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Travis Zadikem <tzadikem at picosecond dot com>
 Cc:  Josh McAllister <josh at bluehornet dot com>, Robert Staph <rstaph at digitalimpreza dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PLEASE MARK THIS AS A BUG!!!... Problems using multiple IP addresses on m0n0wall
 Date:  Wed, 9 Feb 2005 12:34:20 -0500
On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 09:58:54 -0700, Travis Zadikem
<tzadikem at picosecond dot com> wrote:
> FreeBSDism.  That doesn't appear to be a problem with IPCOP.  I was making a
> point that if you are going to put an alias field into a web interface that
> doesn't work correctly then why put it into there.

It would work just fine if you knew what it was for.  RTFM
http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/firewall-aliases.html

The name is probably a bit misleading, but it's under the Firewall
section, hence Firewall aliases, not IP aliases.

You should never set up ifconfig aliases.  Server NAT would work fine
for what you're trying to do.
http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/faq-ipalias.html

-Chris