[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Travis Zadikem <tzadikem at picosecond dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] NOT A BUG!!!... Problems using multiple IP addresses on m0n0wall
 Date:  Wed, 9 Feb 2005 13:13:56 -0500
On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 11:01:35 -0700, Travis Zadikem
<tzadikem at picosecond dot com> wrote:
> The problem with natting in my case is that I have two mail servers in house
> at this time and try setting up nat for two different servers with the same
> ports, (110, 143 and 25) but different IP addresses.  The alias idea is two
> ip addresses on the WAN that is then natted to the two different servers
> which works now.

That doesn't make anything more difficult.

On the NAT screen, go to Server NAT, add the second IP there.  Then go
to inbound NAT and you can put in NAT rules using either the WAN
interface's IP or the IP you added for Server NAT.

Or 1:1 NAT one of them and use Inbound NAT on the other, without using
Server NAT at all.

-Chris