[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Manickam Murugan <Admin at easybrowsing dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0 <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Another DHCP server in the m0n0 network?
 Date:  Wed, 9 Feb 2005 13:24:19 -0500
On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 12:18:39 +0530, Manickam Murugan
<Admin at easybrowsing dot com> wrote:

> However, we need to run another DHCP Server ( running ICS on Win.XP for
> some reasons and no way to switch off dhcp server in ICS ).
>
> Now, the problem is the client computers are leasing the IP from the ICS
>
> and not from m0n0.
> Is there any way, I can force the client comupters to get the DHCP IP
> number, ONLY from the specified DHCP server ( in this case, m0n0 ).

No, not when they're on the same broadcast domain.  You'll find some
will get an IP from ICS, others from m0n0wall.

Here's how to disable ICS DHCP on Win 98, not sure if that's
applicable if you aren't running 98.  Couldn't find anything on newer
OS's.  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/230140/EN-US/

You sure you really need ICS?  I'd use a real router or firewall
rather than a Windows box if at all possible.

-Chris