[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Iedema <iedemam at pluto dot dsu dot edu>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PLEASE MARK THIS AS A BUG!!!... Problems using multiple IP addresses on m0n0wall
 Date:  Wed, 09 Feb 2005 20:26:24 +0100
>>FreeBSDism.  That doesn't appear to be a problem with IPCOP.  I was making a
>>point that if you are going to put an alias field into a web interface that
>>doesn't work correctly then why put it into there.
>

> It would work just fine if you knew what it was for.  RTFM
> http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/firewall-aliases.html

As I'm sure most IT people would tell you, TAKE NOTES!  When you've
encountered something strange, special, unusual, (random synonym), write
it down.

You've misinterpreted "ALIASES" in December!

http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=122&actionargs[]=49

1. Breathe when you're having trouble
2. Try (just once even) to solve the problem yourself
3. Read some documentation
4. Search the e-mail list, or even (gasp) Google
5. Ask nicely
6. Don't point fingers
7. Send me an application for your job so I can get paid to ask people
online what I should already know......not about the intricacies of
m0n0wall but about IP networking in general

Sorry, but just look at your posts on the list, they have a common theme
of helplessness and are quite accusative.  I'm being accusative now, PUT
IN SOME EFFORT.

--Michael I.