[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Michael Iedema <iedemam at pluto dot dsu dot edu>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PLEASE MARK THIS AS A BUG!!!... Problems using multiple IP addresses on m0n0wall
 Date:  Wed, 09 Feb 2005 20:26:24 +0100
>>FreeBSDism.  That doesn't appear to be a problem with IPCOP.  I was making a
>>point that if you are going to put an alias field into a web interface that
>>doesn't work correctly then why put it into there.
> It would work just fine if you knew what it was for.  RTFM
> http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/firewall-aliases.html

As I'm sure most IT people would tell you, TAKE NOTES!  When you've
encountered something strange, special, unusual, (random synonym), write
it down.

You've misinterpreted "ALIASES" in December!

1. Breathe when you're having trouble
2. Try (just once even) to solve the problem yourself
3. Read some documentation
4. Search the e-mail list, or even (gasp) Google
5. Ask nicely
6. Don't point fingers
7. Send me an application for your job so I can get paid to ask people
online what I should already know......not about the intricacies of
m0n0wall but about IP networking in general

Sorry, but just look at your posts on the list, they have a common theme
of helplessness and are quite accusative.  I'm being accusative now, PUT

--Michael I.