[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  "'Monowall \(E-mail\)'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] NOT A BUG!!!... Problems using multiple IP addresses on m0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:02:09 -0500
Travis Zadikem wrote:
> I already had the ip address in the Server NAT screen and and also
the
> inbound NAT screen and rules screen.  But, none of this worked until
> I did the command that Robert Staph gave me to do on the exec.php
> page. /sbin/ifconfig xl2 64.207.38.4 netmask 255.255.255.255 alias
> which now works with what I had, but when you reboot the machine the
> above goes away and you have to add it again.  Any ideas on how to
> get it to stick??

AFAIK, nothing ran from the exec.php page will persist across reboots.
There is the hidden config.xml options, earlyshellcmd and shellcmd.
Take a look at: http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/faq-hiddenopts.html

But, not to beat a dead horse, but I do have a question. Did you need
to add the IP to the Proxy ARP page? From the Proxy ARP page:

Note:
Proxy ARP can be used if you need m0n0wall to send ARP replies on the
WAN interface for other IP addresses than its own WAN IP address (e.g.
for 1:1, advanced outbound or server NAT). It is not necessary if you
have a subnet routed to you or if you use PPPoE/PPTP, and it only
works if the WAN interface is configured with a static IP address or
DHCP.

Does your WAN have a routed subnet or use PPPoE/PPTP?

James W. McKeand