[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Onkar Joshi <onkar dot zoshi at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Trying out monowall
 Date:  Fri, 11 Feb 2005 03:35:28 +0800

I am the system administrator of this small company with 40 users. We
host our own email and web server. I only have a basic understanding
of networking.

We currently use a 3com Officeconnect firewall, and I want to give the
monowall a spin, and hopefully switch to it.

My company has two ip addresses ranges from our ISP, to and to

Currently, our router has ip and the WAN interface of
our 3com firewall has the address
The LAN interface has the ip

The DHCP server on our LAN gives out ips in the range to, with netmask instead of,
excluding the actual public ips given to us by the ISP. Our email
server and our web server are given these ips.

now, when I set up the 3com firewall, I set it up to have a 1:1 NAT
from ->

However, when I tried the same thing on monowall it does not seem to
work. What am i doing wrong?

Do I have to configure a static route? Can this be done with 1:1
NATing the entire range of ips that i have been given, like I did with
the 3com firewall?

Thanks for your responses in advance.

Onkar Zoshi.