[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  S Ai <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
 To:  ack at comcast dot net
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Downloading the firmware from the m0n0wall
 Date:  Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:24:56 +0500
On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:44:54 -0500, Andrew <ack at comcast dot net> wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 February 2005 08:17 am, David Hardy wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I've finally managed to get m0n0wall running on an old Strongbox
> > firewall using a pc104 motherboard. Its been tough, but I've managed to get it running using the
generic PC image and by tracking down network cards with the same chipsets I have been able to
configure the hard disk with the right settings and get as far as the web console. Not bad
considering I haven't got any cables for this thing and it doesn't have  a keyboard, serial, vga or
any other port for me to touch it or look at  from.

> > Now, we have another 2 of these Strongboxes and I would like to be able
> > to send my colleague an image of what I've got working as a file, to
> > transfer to the disks that he has at his end. I presume that this can
> > also be jiggled to prevent settings being lost completely - using the
> > reset mechanism - if I copy the config.xml into the right place before I
> > image it.
> >
> > Is it as simple as using the rest of the hard disk to create a space to
> > store the image in and then downloading it from there? If so, is there a
> > how-to already?
> >
> > TIA for your advice,
> >
> > David Hardy
>
> Is it possible to pull the image from a running system?
>
> Andrew

If its exactly the same hardware then the best way would be to make an
image of the whole hard disk and send that across. I imagine this
would involve the least amount of messing around at the recipients
end.

sai