[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Denis Mirassou <Mirassou at cict dot fr>
 To:  Ben Z <b underscore zarboni at rogers dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Adding a Captive Portal feature
 Date:  Fri, 11 Feb 2005 08:41:22 +0100
Ben Z wrote:
> Hello all;
>
> I am using the m0n0wall captive portal feature (and loving it), but I would like to add a feature.
> As it stands right now, the portal page is displayed whenever a authorized user tries to access a
site off the LAN. I would like to add another page that displays that the network is down if that is
the case. I don't need really any help writing the functionality, but would like to use the method
that the captive portal uses as an example to go on.

> What I would like to know is what triggers the captive portal page to be displayed, and in what
file can I look at that code?

> Thanks,
>
> Ben Z

Hi,

Maybe you could use the "Redirection URL" menu in
"services_captiveportal.php" admin page.
When your network is down, you can specify here a specific page
mentioning your network is down... this page can be, I think, on the
M0n0Wall root fs itself (/usr/local/www/ ? or something like that)

Regards

Denis