[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] trafficshaper and some questions
 Date:  Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:43:04 -0500
> Hi, I'm tempted by this m0n0wall software. I have a few questions
> though:
>
> Can m0n0wall block an IP completely? I mean, block someone from the
> LAN from accessing the internet.
> Can m0n0wall limit upload and/or download traffic per-ip-adress or
per
> mac-adress? Per ip/port even?

Sure, you can block an IP completely.

First, create an Alias for trouble maker IP... (see long tread
recently about confusion on what an Alias is first...)

Next, create a firewall rule on the LAN (I assume LAN) that looks like
this:

Action:  Block
Interface:  LAN
Protocol:  any
Source Type:  Single host or alias
Address:  <Insert Alias name>
Source port range  from:  any to:  any
Destination Type:  any
Destination port range  from:  any to:  any
Log:  Log packets that are handled by this rule (if you want to ...)

This rule needs to be before the default Pass LAN to any rule.

As far as the limiting traffic, this is the function of the Traffic

per MAC is not supported.

Good Luck.

James W. McKeand