[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall on Ebay
 Date:  Sat, 12 Feb 2005 09:54:21 -0000
> At 99
> cents a pop, they aren't going to get rich off of it by any
> means (nothing wrong with it if they did though), and I'd be
> shocked if any of them sold.

I struggle to see how you'd make anything at all selling it at 99c. I mean,
if I send CDs to people I would usually put them in a Jiffy bag or something
like that. Once you figure your costs for the CD itself (say 20p), the cost
of the packaging (those Jiffy bags aren't cheap), and the paypal fees you'd
inevitably have to pay, I struggle to see how you'd make any money at all.
And that's making no allowance for ebay fees, or your time actually burning
the thing.

Even assuming the CD went standard mail with no padded envelope at all, I
still struggle to see how you'd make more than a few pence once all the
costs had been met.

Regards,

Chris
--
C.M. Bagnall, Partner, Minotaur
Tel: (07010) 710715   Mobile: (07811) 332969   ICQ: 13350579