[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "build" <build02 at datafast dot net dot au>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  HDD install hangs when booting
 Date:  Sat, 12 Feb 2005 18:34:50 +0800 (WST)
G'day All,
I'm hoping your a patient bunch, as I have difficulty expressing myself
well. Here goes.

I bought an old pentium motherboard (GA-586T2) and a pentium 100 CPU, put
64MB of RAM in it and installed mono 1.11 on a 120MB HDD using
physdiskwrite thanks to the excellent guide. I set the bios to boot "C
only". When booted up it hangs after recognizing the HDD and
reading/writing to it for a second or two.

The same thing happens when I try a CDROM install. Put the CDROM on
Primary master, set bios to boot from "CDROM,A,C". Hangs after reading
CDROM.

There is no beeps or error message, it just hangs.

Same computer installs and boots to DOS and also IPCOP.

Could this be a bios setting somewhere?

or something else?

Thanking you in anticipation,
Lindsay