[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Vaughan <talltim at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  10% packet loss when pinging m0n0wall
 Date:  Sat, 12 Feb 2005 22:55:54 +0000
I've been trying to figure out why my internet connection is dropping
and reckon it's probably the modem I'm using.  However, I have tried
pinging my m0n0wall router and am getting packet loss on the order of
10% (2% minimum and up to 19% at times).  Here's one example:

--- m0n0wall.thm ping statistics ---
88 packets transmitted, 80 received, 9% packet loss, time 111788ms

I don't get this when pinging other machines on my lan but do get it
when pinging hosts on the internet.  Does anyone have any idea why
this is happening?  I'm using 1.2b3 on a net 4521.  I haven't tried
swapping the LAN and WAN network interfaces over - is that likely to
make a difference?

Tim