[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Wright <fw at well dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] HDD install hangs when booting]
 Date:  Sun, 13 Feb 2005 16:32:01 -0800 (PST)
On Sun, 13 Feb 2005, build wrote:

> I did notice the switch see's the NIC as full 100 during boot but reverts
> to 10 when mono boots. Is that normal?

I see that on the 4501, but only when netbooting.  The bootloader runs it
at 100, but the kernel runs it at 10.  Booting the exact same kernel
binary from CF doesn't have the problem.  I've suspected that it somehow
relates to the state of the NIC at the time the kernel initializes it, but
if you're seeing it without netbooting it may be something else
(e.g. dependence on uninitialzed RAM).

					Fred Wright