[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Daniel L. Hunter" <dhunter at TechMethods dot com>
 To:  Dave Warren <MailList at devilsplayground dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DHCP Weirdness
 Date:  Mon, 14 Feb 2005 00:31:46 -0500
This could be optional.  It could be implemented in the GUI just like
the when using the "Auto-add a firewall rule to permit traffic through
this NAT rule" feature when adding an Inbound NAT entry.  A checkbox
giving the admin the option of adding Proxy ARP when adding a Server NAT
entry would be quite handy.

Dave Warren wrote:

>>Isn't there a more elegant way to implement Proxy ARP?  Why can't an
>>entry be added in the Proxy ARP table automatically when a Server NAT
>>entry is added (like adding a new rule automatically when adding an
>>inbound NAT rule)?  For a networking novice like me, it sure would have
>>been nice for this to be a little more idiot-proof.
>>

>What about people that don't need Proxy ARP?  Depending on your
>configuration it's not always required, and the documentation is pretty
>explicit that Proxy ARP is usually required.

Daniel L. Hunter
TechMethods, LLC
(p) 304-876-9103
(f) 304-876-9203