[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Daniel L. Hunter" <dhunter at TechMethods dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RealVNC Logging
 Date:  Mon, 14 Feb 2005 01:07:00 -0500
M0n0wall's logging has me a bit confused.  I'm using RealVNC to remotely
administer a server that I have at a co-lo.  This server is behind a
m0n0wall.  When I log into the server the logs are overwhelmed by
reports of the RealVNC connection (port 5900):

01:06:01.400226 sis0 @200:3 p 192.168.1.3,5900 -> 6*.24*.21*.1*3,1276 PR
tcp len 20 429 -AP K-S IN

I have a rule allowing this traffic to pass and have made sure that "Log
packets that are handled by this rule" is not checked.  This wouldn't be
so bad but I'm not able to keep an eye on the important log entrys.

Why is this traffic being logged?  It's doing me absolutly no good.
Hell, I'm generating the traffic by logging into the server.  I don't
need it logged.  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.