[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Gabor Riesz" <gabor dash riesz at freemail dot hu>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  TFTP problem
 Date:  Mon, 14 Feb 2005 07:42:27 +0100

Thank you. If I understand correctly there is no hope to use TFTP though
M0n0Wall without this "TFTP hack".
In our case the security is not a big deal because the only available stuff
on the public tftp server are the grandstream images. The server is read
Grandstream has it's own public TFTP server (TFTP was their decision, not

The reason why we use our own:
We would like to control the firmware in our phones.

TFTP is not a NAT-friendly protocol.  It won't work through any NAT
implementation that doesn't have a "TFTP hack", and there's no easy
TFTP is also a totally insecure protocol. Anyone using it on a WAN needs his
head examined.
Fred Wright