[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vincent Fleuranceau <vincent at bikost dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP Idle timeout
 Date:  Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:35:52 +0100
> We use the m0n0wall for firewalling and as VPN server. Behind m0n0
> there's a Windows 2003 Server in Terminal Server mode. The clients
> have a timeout of approximately ten minutes. Then they got
> disconnected. The Terminal server has no idle timeout, so I think
> m0n0's PPTP server has one. Is this correct? And how can I change it
> to indefinitly?

Take a look at /etc/inc/vpn.inc (line 405):

set link keep-alive 10 60

which means 10 seconds x 60 retries = 10 minutes

 From MPD manpage:

"set link keep-alive seconds max

This command enables the sending of LCP echo packets on the link. The
first echo packet is sent after seconds seconds of quiet time (i.e., no
frames received from the peer on that link). After seconds more seconds,
another echo request is sent. If after max seconds of doing this no echo
reply has been received yet, the link is brought down.

If seconds is zero, echo packets are disabled. The default values are
five second intervals with a maximum no-reply time of fourty.

This feature is especially useful with modems when the carrier detect
signal is unreliable. However, in situations where lines are noisy and
modems spend a lot of time retraining, the max value may need to be
bumped up to a more generous value."

Yes, it may be useful to have these parameters somewhere in the WebGUI,
or at least as hidden options in the config.xml file.

-- Vincent