[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "build" <build02 at datafast dot net dot au>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  PPTP client to connect to a remote PPTP server
 Date:  Mon, 14 Feb 2005 19:01:47 +0800 (WST)
G'day list,

I use a WISP (Alphalink.com.au) for my internet (cheap and real fast! 2Mb).

On a linux box:
I connect tunnel:
"pppd file /etc/ppp/peers/tunnel updetach"
Add a route to PPTP server through the gateway:
"route add 10.0.1.1 gw 10.0.28.1"
Add a default route:
"route add -net 0.0.0.0/0 dev p"

While reading through the FAQ, I found this:
The m0n0wall WAN PPTP feature is for ISP's that require you to connect
using PPTP (some in Europe require this). This feature cannot be used as a
PPTP client to connect to a remote PPTP server to allow m0n0wall to route
over the PPTP connection.

:-(

does that mean I can't use m0n0 to connect to my WISP?

tia
Lindsay