[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  temporarily disable NAT rules?
 Date:  Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:06:15 -0500
Hello,

Just curious: Does anyone else wish they could disable
an individual NAT rule without deleting it?

I know this isn't possible with ipnat by itself, but
I'm sure we could automate the process with PHP and
a separate "disabled_ipnat_rules" file, or something
similar.

I only feel the need for this feature because I'm using
ipnat in an unsupported way (for transparent port 80
redirection). Can anyone think of a legitimate reason
why one might need to temporarily disable a NAT rule?

If so, then I might try to develop this feature when
the parts for my new m0n0wall generic PC devel box
come in. Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator