[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  temporarily disable NAT rules?
 Date:  Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:06:15 -0500

Just curious: Does anyone else wish they could disable
an individual NAT rule without deleting it?

I know this isn't possible with ipnat by itself, but
I'm sure we could automate the process with PHP and
a separate "disabled_ipnat_rules" file, or something

I only feel the need for this feature because I'm using
ipnat in an unsupported way (for transparent port 80
redirection). Can anyone think of a legitimate reason
why one might need to temporarily disable a NAT rule?

If so, then I might try to develop this feature when
the parts for my new m0n0wall generic PC devel box
come in. Let me know your thoughts!

Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,
P.O. Box 2605 // Cleveland, TN 37320-2605
423-559-LINK (v)  423-559-5145 (f)