[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 10% packet loss when pinging m0n0wall
 Date:  Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:43:40 -0500
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:25:16 +0000, Tim Vaughan <talltim at gmail dot com> wrote:

> Well, I made a new cable

That alone makes me suspect a cabling issue (assuming you also made
previous cables).  While you might save a couple $local_currency
making your own cables, the amount of time you end up spending
troubleshooting cabling issues (unless you have a good cable tester)
makes it counter productive.

I'd suggest buying some good molded end cables.

-Chris