[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Will Dyson <will dot dyson at gmail dot com>
 To:  =?UTF-8?Q?Peter_Parni=C4=8Dan?= <peter at procad dot sk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] NAT 1:1 not working or how to check this funcionality?
 Date:  Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:54:56 -0500
On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 23:09:12 +0100, Peter Parničan <peter at procad dot sk> wrote:
> I did it:
> > Also i created an ARP for 213.215.114.223..and still not working.
> ...but its not working... How to check m0n0 if is working for this IP? If i
> have ICMP rules and when i will do a ping from wan side i should receive a
> response ? Wouldn't  I?

Sorry, missed that.

I just tried it and found that ping won't work with IPs that only have
a server NAT setup for them. There is no option to make a rule for
server NAT on IMCP packets.  It should, however, work with a 1:1
mapping.

For testing a server NAT mapping, I would suggest doing a TCP ping.
Have something listen the correct port on the server. Telnet to the
port that the mapping is setup on. If the connection completes, the
mapping works.

--
Will Dyson